members of the Arkansas Tech University freshman class of 2011 have
received an Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship through the
Arkansas Tech Foundation.
This year’s recipients are:
- Nate Bartlett of Heber Springs (top row, left)
- Katelyn Barton of Greenwood (top row, middle)
- T.J. Branham of Booneville (top row, right)
- Tamara Bull of Greenwood (second row, left)
- Tyler Dodd of Russellville (second row, middle)
- Dylan Erwin of Springfield (second row, right)
- Jordan Garcia of Van Buren (third row, left)
- Tyler Reese of Heber Springs (third row, middle)
- Beth Ann White of Ozark (third row, right)
- Charles Wilbers of Clinton (bottom row, left)
- Jordon Zimmerman of Hattieville (bottom row, right)
Applicants for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship must
be entering freshmen with a minimum high school cumulative grade point
average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. They must also enroll in a minimum of 12
semester hours during the semester of the award and have a minimum
composite ACT score of 21.
Other requirements include that at
least one of the applicant’s parents attended Arkansas Tech, receipt of
the applicant’s official high school transcript, two letters of
recommendation and a one-page essay from the applicant explaining why he
or she chose Arkansas Tech and any other personal information that
might be useful to the committee in making its selections.
of the major sources of revenue for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association
Scholarship program is the sale of Arkansas Tech license plates through
the State of Arkansas.
The Arkansas Tech license plates, which can be purchased at any
Arkansas Department of Revenue office, are available to any alumnus,
student, employee or friend of Arkansas Tech.
For information about contributing toward or applying for the
Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship, call (479) 968-0242 or
send e-mail to