Presidential Leadership Cabinet
The Presidential Leadership Cabinet (PLC) is an organization formerly known as the Tech Ambassadors. The Ambassadors were founded in 1997. The mission has stayed the same since its creation, to serve as representatives of the President's Office and the Alumni Office.
The Presidential Leadership Cabinet shall work in cooperation with the Tech administration to advance Arkansas Tech University and enhance its mission through outreach to prospective and current students, alumni and friends.
- Applicants must be full-time students who have completed at least 12 semester hours at Tech and are in good standing with the school.
- Students applying must hold at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students applying must return necessary forms, complete and legible, to the Alumni Office by March 15.
- Students applying will be contacted to participate in a required interview during the month of April.
- Total membership shall not exceed 30 members.
- Be of good moral character.
- Meet periodically with the Arkansas Tech president and senior administrators
- Encouraging fellow students and alumni to get involved with Tech and to stay involved after graduation
- Fostering in students and alumni a sense of tradition, pride, and loyalty to Tech
- Early registration for classes
- Gain leadership and volunteer experience
*Enhance communication skills
- Create connections between students and alumni
- Networking opportunities
- Make new friends and create memories
- Have fun!
- Encourage pride and loyalty in Arkansas Tech University and active participation in campus life.
- Establish important connections between the Tech student body and members of the alumni community.
- Support the President's office and the Alumni office by serving as student leaders and hosts at important university events including commencement in May, December and August.
- Help senior administrators stay in touch with the ambitions, thoughts and concerns of current students.
- Aspire to become active, informed members of Arkansas Tech University alumni community.
- All members are expected to attend all regular meetings, functions, and other required activities.